social media & blog writer
Category: Social Media, Blog Writing
Position: Social Media Specialist & Blog Writer, Volunteer
Type: Part-time (unpaid)
Cycle: 2017 Fall
TLYL utilizes social media to enhance our presence in the community, facilitating communication between partners and community leaders. Similarly, our blogs and published online articles bring attention to vital developments relevant to our mission. The Social Media Specialist & Blog Writer is accountable for the ongoing management and growth of TLYL's social media presence.
- Supporting best practices for online donation and fundraising in social media channels.
- Developing content across social media channels. This includes blog posts, tweets, status updates, and managing photos and videos.
- Creating, managing and growing organizations presence across various channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Promoting and fostering partnerships with like-minded organizations through social media channels.
A successful applicant will demonstrate or have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, Advertising/Marketing or related field
- Commitment and interest in writing about community engagement with immigrant families
- Expert knowledge of English writing and editing
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be a team player
All applicants are encouraged to apply. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. TLYL is an equal opportunity employer.